We all love to keep our rooms fresh and aromatic. Instead of consistently spraying it with room sprays, a more practical way to ensure a long-lasting scent is by using reed diffusers.
Reed diffusers have been around for decades, which shows how effective they are at releasing pleasant aroma. And with many scents to choose from, you will surely find your favourite scents to make your home more inviting.
Because of their excellent aroma-spreading and value for money, reed diffusers are becoming popular once again. They’re also easy to use, making it less of a hassle than continuously spraying your room with perfume.
If you’re new to using reed diffusers, there’s nothing to worry about. Here, we will teach you how to use a reed diffuser, as well as tips on how to get the best out of them.
How to Use Reed Diffusers
There’s a reason why reed diffusers remain to be popular throughout the decades. It’s simple, it’s affordable, and it’s very effective. Regardless of the brand, you’re using, there’s only one way to use all of them. That makes them easy to use as well.
As long as you have your reed diffuser kit ready, we can start with this step-by-step guide.
- Grab a coaster and set it to the surface where you want to place your reed diffuser. The coaster will serve to catch any of the spillages that may be caused by the preparation process. If you don’t have a coaster available, any item that can effectively protect the surface of the table from any spills.
- With the coaster now in place, you can now start opening your reed diffuser kit. You will find a bottle containing the liquid aroma and a set of reeds. The liquid aroma can either be alcohol-based or oil-based, depending on your preferences.
- Now, open the bottle as instructed by the manufacturer. As tempting as it is to sniff from the bottle directly, avoid doing so because the scent is too concentrated and can irritate your nose or cause allergies.
As you open the bottle, do so carefully so as not to cause any spills. If there’s a sink nearby, you can opt to open it near the sink, especially if the bottle is filled with liquid aroma.
- With the bottle now open, carefully place it on the coaster. Then, grab your desired number of reeds and slowly stick it inside the bottle. Allow the aroma liquid to absorb into the reeds for a few minutes.
- After a few minutes, carefully pull the reeds out of the bottle and flip them. Then, insert the dry half of the reeds into the bottle. As you do so, always be careful of any spills, especially if you have placed them on a wooden table.
- And that’s it – you now know how to use a reed diffuser. After a few seconds, you will already start smelling your favorite aroma. And within a few minutes, the whole room will start to smell great.
How to Get the Best Out of Reed Diffusers
Now that you know how to use a reed diffuser, we know that you want to make the most out of it. with that in mind, we have gathered some useful tips to help you with that goal.
- The strength of the scent lies largely in the number of reeds you put in the bottle. If you want your room to have that subtle scent from the reed diffuser, stick to a limited number of reeds. Around 5 or 7 reeds would be enough.
Conversely, if you want to fill the room with a strong aroma, you can use 8 or all of the available reeds. That many reeds will ensure an explosive aroma that your nose will surely love.
- Make sure to flip the reeds from time to time. There will be times when you’ll notice that the bottle still contains a lot of the perfume, but the scent has already started to faint. In this case, all you have to do is refresh the diffuser by simply flipping the reeds. This way, the half that’s been soaked in the perfume is exposed – so it can start diffusing the scent effectively.
- It is discouraged to use the same reeds to diffuse a different scent. After you have consumed one bottle, you might be planning to use a different scent for a change. While the reeds may still look as good as new, do not be tempted to use them for that new scent.
The reason for this is that the reeds have already soaked too much of the old scent. Using it with a new scent will only cause both scents to mix – and most of the time, the resulting smell is always pungent.
- As much as possible, place the bottle near a place where there’s excellent ventilation. On its own, a reed diffuser can effectively fill the room with a lovely aroma to satisfy your olfactory senses. To allow the aroma to travel across the room faster, it’s best to place it near the air conditioning unit or fan. You can also place it near the window.
- But if you place it near the window, make sure that it is not directly exposed to any sunlight. The sun carries harmful UV rays, and prolonged exposure to it causes the aromatic quality to deteriorate.
- Take the room size into consideration. Another useful tip is to make sure that the bottle of perfume is enough to fill the size of the room. The bigger the room, the bigger the bottle you need to make sure the scent is diffused effectively. Also, make sure that there are a lot of reeds placed in it to allow for better scent diffusion.
- And finally, know that oil-based scents have a longer-lasting power than alcohol-based ones. This is because alcohol evaporates faster, and that causes the scent to leave faster than oil-based ones.
As long as you take all of these pieces of advice to heart, you will surely make the most of your reed diffuser. And with that, we wish you luck on your new aromatic journey.